CA GROWN Blog
Discover. Learn. Connect.
A Lovely Lemon Raspberry Loaf Cake
A Lovely Lemon Raspberry Loaf Cake
Would you look at that? Would you just look at it? We are swooning over this beautiful lemon raspberry loaf cake by our friend Rachel Dunston!
Just thinking about the smell of fresh cut lemons makes us happy. Though, you can make this lemon raspberry loaf cake anytime of year, early spring is the best time. Raspberries and citrus are both in season, and living in California, we have access to these at their total peak!
What is the difference between a loaf cake and a cake?
The terms “loaf cake” and “cake” generally refer to different types of baked goods, and the primary distinctions lie in their shapes, sizes, and sometimes textures. Each type of cake has its own unique characteristics that cater to different preferences and purposes. Loaf cakes tend to be served during more casual events or as a snack with coffee or tea, while cakes can be more intricately decorated and are typically served for dessert.
What pairs well with lemon cake?
Lemon cake has a bright and citrusy flavor that pairs well with a variety of complementary ingredients. The key is to balance the citrusy brightness of the lemon with flavors and textures that enhance and complement the overall experience. Berries like raspberries and strawberries are a great match as is whipped cream, yogurt, fresh mint and vanilla ice cream. And we think pretty much everything pairs well with a glass of California wine.
This delightful loaf cake is a celebration of citrusy brightness and the vibrant taste of raspberries. With its moist texture and enticing flavors, it’s bound to become a favorite for both special occasions and everyday indulgence. Happy baking! Let’s get to our cake shall we? Scroll down for the recipe!
Some More of Our Favorite Lemon Cakes to Try
This is the best ever Gluten Free Lemon Cake recipe from A Girl Defloured. It’s loaded with lemony goodness, plus it has a nice, delicate crumb. It’s bright, tart, and totally addictive. Spiked with plenty of fresh lemon zest and a touch of rosemary, this makes a light dessert, afternoon snack, or dessert
This gluten-free lemon cake is bright and zesty and tastes as golden as beautiful California sunshine. A Girl Defloured adds a touch of turmeric to make the batter an even deeper golden color, but that’s optional.
Share your images of this lemon raspberry loaf cake with us by snapping a pic and tagging us on social using #CAGROWN.
Craving more CA Grown goodness? Follow us on Pinterest for fresh and fabulous recipe inspiration!
Lemon Raspberry Loaf Cake
- 2 standard loaf pans
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons salted butter room temp (3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil can replace butter in a pinch)
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- zest of two lemons
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup of lemon yogurt
- 3 cups fresh raspberries you can sub in frozen berries but do not thaw them
For the Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons lemon zest
- lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2 standard loaf pans with flour based baking spray and parchment paper if possible.
- In an electric mixed, whip butter until creamy. Slowly add sugar. Scrape down bowl.
- With mixer on low, add eggs one at a time until incorporated. Add vanilla and lemon zest. Scrape down bowl.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With your mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture. Alternate adding lemon yogurt, or sour cream sub, until just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Fold in raspberries gently by hand.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans and bake for 35-40 mins, then tent with foil for and bake for a remaining 8-12 min depending on oven and depth of pan. Loaf is done when a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
- Remove from oven but do not cut or turn out of pan until completely cooled. This loaf is best served several hours after baking.
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and lemon juice to create a glaze. Pour over loaf just before service. Garnish with fresh raspberries lemon zest and lemon slices.
- Can be stores covered at room temperature for 3 days.
Even More Delicious Snack Cakes
This Strawberry Rosé Snack Cakeis basically the easiest cake to bake ever and showcases strawberries and rosé, two of our favorite ingredients when we are in the mood for love!
Imagine savoring a decadent fudgy cake pop that is infused with dark chocolatey flavors, toasted nuts, and a delicious sweetness from California prunes. The best part? This delightful treat is both indulgent and full of good-for-you ingredients too.