About CA GROWN
Connecting people with farmers
California Grown is all about connecting Californians and other consumers in the U.S. with the people who grow and produce their food. It really is that simple.
Here are a few reasons why you should choose CA GROWN food, wine and flowers:
- Sustainability: our growers lead the nation in sustainable farming measures that protect our environment, enrich our communities, strengthen our economy and protect the California way of life.
- Food Safety: the Golden State has the most transparent crop input system in the world – that means our growers track and report everything that happens in the field.
- Diversity: not only does California grow over 400+ specialty crops, our people are diverse too, bringing their own unique perspectives and skills to agricultural community.
- People: 93% of our farms are family-owned, so you can feel good about supporting local farming families when you choose CA GROWN. We also celebrate and protect our farmworkers, with some of the highest worker pay and protections in the nation. Join us to celebrate in October, which is California Farmer & Farmworker Month.
- Freshness + Flavor: California provides over 50% of produce in the United States, over 80% of U.S. wine, and we’re #1 in sustainable dairy production. Since we lead the nation in agricultural production, choosing food from California is always a fresh and flavorful choice.
- Innovation: it doesn’t just happen in Silicon Valley. Our growers partner with university researchers and leaders in tech to find the most productive and sustainable ways to grow, pack, ship and preserve the products we’re sending to you.
Choose CA GROWN