CA GROWN Blog
Discover. Learn. Connect.
This fresh and delicious Chimichurri Rojo recipe is made simply with California Grown ingredients. Use it to top grilled beef, chicken, fish, vegetables and more.
Once you’ve tried this Chimichurri Rojo recipe, you’ll find all kinds of uses for it! We love it on this Grilled Steak and Summer Vegetables, and lots of other dishes too.
This sauce is an excellent compliment to any barbecued red meat. I even like to dunk my tortilla chips in it. Traditional chimichurri sauces are green, but we used California Grown Roma tomatoes and created a red version, and it couldn’t be any better. It’s rich flavor is a wonderful combination of tasty marinara and zesty salsa.
We used a beautiful Harris Ranch Tri Tip this time, but have recently topped our Rib Eyes and even chicken with this flavorful sauce.
Here’s how to make Chimichurri Rojo:
Ingredients for Chimichurri Rojo:
- 2 large Roma tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 small red onion
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- bushel of cilantro
- 3 limes
- 1 T. salt
- 2 T paprika
- 1 cup olive oil
Steps to make Chimichurri Rojo:
Add to a food processor:
- bushel of cilantro, rinsed and hard stems removed
- garlic cloves
- 1/2 red onion, rough chopped
- jalapeno, rough chopped and seeds removed
Pulse the ingredients together until well chopped as shown
Add to the food processor
- Roma tomatoes, rough chopped
- juice of 3 limes
Pulse in processor again until all the ingredients are combined. Don’t overmix.
Add the olive oil and paprika and pulse just a few times to combine.
Top your favorite meat with Chimichurri Rojo and savor the freshness. This sauce recipe is absolutely next level. We love it on Kate’s Carne Picada, and on these Potato Tacos too.
- 2 large Roma tomatoes or three medium sized
- 1 jalapeno rough chopped and seeds removed
- 1/2 small red onion rough chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves smashed
- bushel of cilantro rinsed and hard stems removed
- 3 limes
- 1 TBSP salt
- 2 TBSP paprika
- 1 cup olive oil
- Add to a food processor: the bushel of cilantro, the garlic cloves, the red onion, and the jalapeno. Pulse the ingredients together until well chopped as shown.
- Then add to the food processor: the Roma tomatoes, the juice of 3 limes, and the salt
- Pulse in processor again until all the ingredients are combined. Don’t overmix.
- Add the olive oil and paprika and pulse just a few times to combine.
More uses for this Chimichurri Rojo recipe:
Kate’s Pizza with Chimichurri, Chorizo, and Squash Blossoms:
This recipe for Pizza with Chimichurri, Chorizo, and Squash Blossoms from our friend Kate is next-level delicious. She uses green chimichurri, but red chimichurri would be amazing too.
Top Britney’s Bavette Steak with your new favorite chimichurri sauce!
Bavette steak is a mouth-watering juicy steak that’s flavorful, versatile, and easy to make. Britney’s version is marinated in a Dijon sauce for a show-stopping dish that’s perfect for every occasion.