CA GROWN Blog
Discover. Learn. Connect.
grape lemon slushie
grape lemon slushie
One of my favorite things about living in California is all the fresh produce, but especially when I get my hands on some California grapes! Green or red, whatever your preference, these little bite size gems are so sweet and healthy to boot!
Did you know that grapes are practically bursting with antioxidants and vitamins? Besides being so good for you, they’re versatile-I love adding them to chicken salad especially!
My all time favorite way to eat grapes though, is frozen.
Seriously! Pop them in the freezer for a few hours, then pull out a handful at a time (or more!), and enjoy the refreshing, healthy treat!
It’s hands down my favorite healthy snack-that tastes like a treat, especially on a hot day.
So I loved the idea of making grape-lemon slushies! Grape-ade if you will.
They turned out to be so delicious, and the kids (and I) fought over the last bit in the blender when all was said and done!
First, wash, dry & freeze your grapes!
I found that at least 6-8 hours or even overnight worked best.
Then slice your lemon in half and grab some coconut water to get ready to assemble. It comes together quickly!
As for the coconut water, we experimented with a few flavors, but coconut water with pineapple juice added was the fave!
Next add your grapes to the blender.
Then add the coconut water. It’s a little bit of a preference thing, how much you put in. If you want it to be more liquidy, add more coconut water.
If you want it to be thicker, I would only add a touch of coconut water, maybe 1/4 cup.
Or, start with a little bit and add more as needed/desired.
Then I juiced my lemon, make sure to get all that delicious bright flavor out!
Add the lemon juice to the blender, and blend!
Oh my gosh! I’m totally craving it again right now. Just look at that beautiful color!
Then pour into a cup or serving dish, add a straw if desired, and enjoy!
The lemon brightens the flavor of the sweet grapes, and combined with the slight creaminess of the coconut water, it is so refreshing and cool! Plus, so healthy!
I mean, it’s a win-win.
- 3-4 cups of Red Seedless CA Grapes
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/4-1/2 cup Coconut Water, plain or flavored
- First, wash, dry, & freeze your grapes for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Add grapes to the blender, slice and juice lemon and add to blender, then add the coconut water. It’s a little bit of a preference thing, how much you put in. If you want it to be more liquid, add 1/2 cup. If you want it to be thicker, I would add 1/4 cup.
- Pour into a cup or serving dish, add a straw if desired, and enjoy immediately!
- Add the coconut water a little bit at a time til you reach your desired consistency!