CA GROWN Blog
Discover. Learn. Connect.
Wild Watermelon Punch
Wild Watermelon Punch
This wildly delicious Watermelon Punch is totally refreshing and super simple to make. Use it to fill a watermelon keg, for a party, or just to beat the summer heat!
Watermelon punch is a summer must-make recipe! Once you try it (and your family does too) you’ll be hooked.
Have you made your own watermelon keg? This is the perfect recipe to fill your fruit vessel because you get to use all the watermelon you scooped out! Win-Win! If you aren’t that adventurous, and you just want to make this recipe and fill up a store bought pitcher or punch bowl, that works too. Either way, you will not be disappointed. The watermelon flavor is so refreshing and the raspberries add a tartness that blends well together.
Make this punch for your next summer get together with friends. Kids love it and it’s a great way to get some fruit in them!
Let’s make Watermelon Punch!
Watermelon Punch Ingredients:
- Large California Watermelon
- 2 liter of 7up
- 3 cups of fresh California raspberries
- (Vodka or rum also works well here, but that’s up to you!)
Fill a blender with scooped or chunked watermelon and 1 cup of raspberries.
Puree the fruit until well blended.
Add enough 7up to fill the blender halfway and mix again. Pour into your container and chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving. When ready to serve, you’ll add another 2-3 cups of 7up and give the watermelon punch a stir.
***For the watermelon keg, I used 3 batches of punch to fill. That also used up the entire 2 liter of 7up.***
The final step…
Enjoy your watermelon refresher!
Now, let’s mix up some melon punch!
- 1 Large California Watermelon
- 3 cups California raspberries
- 2 liter 7up or other lemon-lime soda Diet 7up works too!
- optional: sparkling wine, vodka or rum it's up to you!
- Fill a blender with scooped or chunked watermelon and 1 cup of raspberries.
- Puree the fruit until well blended.
- Add enough 7up to fill the blender halfway and pulse to combine.
- Pour into a serving container and chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, add 2-3 cups of 7up to the base mix and stir gently.
Love this watermelon punch? Try these recipes too:
This simple Summer Watermelon Salad from G Free Foodie is packed with sweet, savory, and tangy flavors in each and every bite. Consider yourself warned, this salad is highly addictive.
This fresh twist on a cake is from A Girl Defloured and we think it’s really clever! This fresh watermelon “cake” is actually a whole, peeled watermelon! Topped with freshly whipped cream and summer berries, including strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries, this is a not-too-sweet treat that we will be enjoying all summer long.