CA GROWN Blog
Discover. Learn. Connect.
This tasty flatbread is constructed of only 2 ingredients!
It doesn’t get much easier than that, right?
Using sweetpotato and flour, you can have this incredible meal on the table in less than an hour. You can also make the flatbreads ahead of time and have them ready for an even quicker meal or snack.
You can top this flatbread with your favorite toppings!
It is soooooo yummy!
Here is how to make your own:
Boil the whole sweetpotato for about 30 minutes or until fork tender
Remove the potato and take the outer skin off
Add the sweet potato and flour (I used 3/4 cup white flour and 1/4 cup almond flour) to a bowl and mix with a fork until combined and resembles a dough consistency
Add more flour to the bowl so that it does not stick
Pinch off a quarter of the dough and pat into a round on a well-floured surface, turning a few times. No need to use a rolling pin….we are going for the rustic look!
Heat a skillet and add a few drops of olive oil. Place the flatbread on the hot skillet and cook for a few minutes per side. Remove and continue to cook the remaining three flatbreads
Transfer them to a baking sheet and get ready for assembly!
Brush one side with olive oil
Top with thinly sliced garlic
Top with turkey sausage and bake for about 5-8 minutes until the cheese is melted
Get ready for an incredible treat for you and the fam!
Here is the printable recipe for ya!
- 1 sweetpotato
- 1 cup flour
- Boil the sweetpotato whole for about 30 minutes or until fork tender
- Remove the sweetpotato from the water and carefully remove the skin. Measure out a cup of the sweetpotato and put into a bowl along with the flour. Mix well until a dough has formed
- Heat the skillet on medium and brush a few drops of olive oil on the bottom of the pan
- On a well-floured surface, separate the dough into four equal sections. Pat each piece into a flatbread shape and transfer to the heated skillet, cooking for a few minutes per side
- Top the flatbreads with your favorite toppings and cook in a preheated oven for a few minutes and enjoy