Carrot Cake Smoothie
This smoothie may taste like a slice of carrot cake in a cup, but it is actually really good for you!
- 1 cup chopped fresh carrot
- 1 frozen banana sliced into 4 or 5 smaller pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 2/3 cup whole milk or almond milk
- 1/2 cup whole milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons prune puree
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
To garnish, optional
- shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped toasted pecans or walnuts
- 1 teaspoon shredded coconut
Combine all of the ingredients in the blender in the order listed, except for the optional garnishes.
Blend for 30-60 seconds until smooth. If the smoothie is too thick, add more milk or almond milk 1/4 cup at a time and blend again until the desired consistency is achieved.
Garnish if desired with shredded carrot, coconut, and chopped nuts.