Tangerine Pistachio Kale Salad
This is the perfect, easy to make, winter salad with fresh kale, citrus, and pistachios!
Servings 4 servings
- 2-3 bunches of Lacinato kale
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tangerines peeled and sections cut in half
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios rough chopped
- 4 ounces shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh tangerine juice about 2 tangerines, juiced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Add all the dressing ingredients except for the olive oil to a blender and blend for 30 seconds. Slowly pour in the oil and blend until mixed well. Set aside and assemble the salad.
Add the kale to a large platter and layer the tangerines, Parmesan, and pistachios. Drizzle some dressing over the salad and toss to combine.