Thanksgiving Surplus Salad
Because this dish is so customizable, this isn't necessarily a "recipe". This of it as a jumping off point, or inspiration for your own individualized Thanksgiving Surplus Salad!
Servings 2 people
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup starchy vegetables (roasted sweetpotatoes, butternut squash, or carrots)
- 1/4 cup green vegetables (brussels sprouts, green beans, etc.)
- 1/4 cup fruit (sliced figs, pomegranate arils, chopped apples, etc.)
- 1/4 cup hard boiled eggs, chopped or sliced
- 1/4 cup nuts
- 1/4 cup cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup protein (ham or turkey)
- Salad dressing of choice, to taste
Place 2 cups mixed greens in a large salad bowl.
Add the protein and veggies to the top of the greens.
Top with all the lighter ingredients like any nuts, cheese and fruit.
Add salad dressing of choice to taste. Toss the salad and enjoy!
Calories: 525kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 196mg | Sodium: 540mg | Potassium: 897mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 5215IU | Vitamin C: 49mg | Calcium: 368mg | Iron: 4mg