With three types of broiled and fresh citrus, a luscious turmeric yogurt base, and crispy shallots this salad is as colorful as it is flavorful. Try making this Salad with Citrus and Toasted Walnut Vinaigrette!
– Preheat the broiler to high and move one rack to the top position closest to the broiler. Place the prepared grapefruit on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet and char for 7-12 minutes, turning occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
– Toss the shaved carrots with 2 tablespoons of the prepared Toasted Walnut Vinaigrette, set aside to marinate.
– When the citrus is cool enough to handle, segment the grapefruit into supremes over a bowl so that all of the juices are collected. Add the fresh orange and mandarin segments to the bowl and toss to combine with the juice of the broiled grapefruit.
– In a separate bowl, toss the arugula and parsley with a few tablespoons of dressing. Chop the remaining 1/4 walnuts.
– To serve, smear the prepared yogurt across the bottom of the serving platter. In alternating layers, pile on the carrots, arugula, chopped toasted walnuts, and citrus segments.
– Repeat layering ingredients thinly on top of each other until all of the ingredients have been used the sprinkle the top of the salad with crispy shallots to serve.